Jojoba oil is a botanical extract from the seed of the jojoba tree (Simmondsia chinenis). Although it uses the name of oil, this product is actually a liquid wax. Why is it so appreciated in cosmetic industry? Because is the most similar to human skin oil (sebum). By applying jojoba to the skin can "trick" the skin into thinking it is enough oil, thus balancing oil production.
Jojoba oil regenerates all skin types!
Jojoba oil has the property to retain water by forming a hydrolipidic film, protecting skin from dehydration. Nourishing, it penetrates deeply without leaving any greasy surface. It makes the skin supple, soft, smooth and firm. It protects from external attacks including the cold and UV. It suits both dry and sensitive skin as well as oily skin prone to acne. Regenerating, it can slow the effects of aging, including loss of elasticity. Jojoba oil can therefore be used at all ages: baby's sensitive skin, acne-prone skin teenage and mature skin.
We will share our most favourite uses of this wonder oil:
1. Moisturizer - after dispensing any facial moisturizer onto your palm, try adding 5-6 drops of jojoba oil to make it into a super-moisturizer. Flakiness will subside and the moisturizer will have an improved feel on the skin.
2. Lip balm - apply a few drops onto your finger and apply to your lips for an extra-light alternative to lip balm. Lots of regular lip balms tend to contain comedogenic (clogs pores) ingredients, so jojoba oil is a nice alternative.
3. Make-up remover - since jojoba oil is not an eye irritant, nor allergenic, it can easily be used to remove eye makeup, foundation, blush and lipstick.
4. Hair conditioner - mix a few drops of jojoba oil into your current conditioner. You can also add it to damp hair before drying. Also, when added to dry hair it helps promote shine. Jojoba oil also moisturizes the scalp, helping prevent dandruff.
5. Shave prep - for men, put 8-10 drops of jojoba or more oil on your beard area beneath your shaving cream for a more comfortable shave. This helps prevent razor burn and leaves your skin feeling nice and soft.
6. Massage oil - jojoba oil is perhaps the best massage oil on earth. A little goes a long way and for people with body acne is a non-comedogenic welcome option.
7. Nail and cuticle serum – to strengthen and moisturize, apply a few drops of oil and rub it on the nails and cuticles, after you have previously soaked nails in water.
Jojoba oil can be your beauty secret!