The powerful ingredient that comes right from your kitchen, lemons, have a number of properties that make them a great ingredient in many organic makeup recipes. Also, there's the added benefit that all the ideas below smell great. What the juice from a lemon can do for your beauty? 5 tips on how to use lemons in your makeup beauty regime and not only:
1. Removes blackheads Recognized for its antibacterial and anti fungal properties, lemon juice regulates excess sebum and prevents blackheads. Squeeze some lemon slices, soak a cotton pad in the juice and dab only and exclusively on blackheads (don’t apply all over your face) before bed and leave it on overnight. But beware! Do not make a habit of it as it can make your skin sensitive. In areas affected by acne, best option is to consult a professional.
2. Remove stretch marks, dark spots as well as those of self tanning Apply the fresh juice of a lemon on the pigmentation spots caused by acne or scars. You'll soon notice an improvement in their appearance. In addition, it is enough to apply a slice of lemon on the stain left by tanning lotion and it will disappear magically. If you have dry skin, just mix the lemon juice with jojoba or almond oil for the same wonderful results.
3. Heal foot corns Although some experts recommend overnight packs with slices of lemon applied directly to the corns, we suggest not to exaggerate and let these wraps to act while watching a movie.
4. Take care of your elbows Baking soda with lemon juice makes a natural scrub that will gently exfoliate your skin. Apply it once a week on the elbows. After application, rinse and moisturize the area with a nourishing cream.
5. Add shine and strength to your nails Squeeze some fresh lemon juice, add some olive oil and then bathe your nails for about 5 -10 minutes. The lemon juice will strengthen and remove any yellowing or stains, while the olive oil will give a healthy shine to your nails.